We put an absolute priority on safety at our shooting range. Anyone shooting at the range must have successfully completed the SSSA range safety course that covers basic gun handling and range-specific safety rules. The following document is posted at the range and all members are expected to download a copy and make sure they understand and follow all rules. This is for the safety of members, their guests and everyone else at the range. Unsafe behavior will not be tolerated and may be cause for membership termination.
- You may never shoot alone. The person with you does not have to be a shooter but you may not shoot by yourself.
- A maximum of two guests per member is allowed. Watch your guests closely. ($10 per guest shooter fee)
- Always get the trauma kit out of the target shed and move it to the range before handling weapons.
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Members must visibly display their badge at all times when on the range.
- Individuals may visit as guests a total of two times during any calendar year, after that they are expected to become members themselves.
- Sign yourself and your guests’ names in the log book when you arrive and sign out when you leave, noting the type and quantity of rounds fired.
- Never handle guns in any way behind the firing line.
- Any live rounds or mis-fires should not be left on the ground or put in the brass bucket. Deposit these rounds in the “ammo bunker” located in the far Southeast corner of the range.
- Be considerate of other members, keep the range clean.
- Pick up your brass. There is a brass bucket and a trash bucket at the range, use them.
- Secure the lock on the chain and spin the numbers on the front gate lock when you come in. Leave both gates open while shooting.
- A brass pick-up tool and fire extinguisher are located in the target shed.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Saturday
9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (DST)
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (EST)
Sundays and Christmas
Noon to 7:00 p.m. (DST)
Noon to 6:00 p.m. (EST)
- When shooting, leave main gate and range gate open for emergencies.
- Last person to leave the range area and fishing dock, lock the range gate.
- Last person to leave the property, lock the main gate.
- Upon arrival the members, guests and observers must sign in to the Range Log
- Each guest should sign a Hold Harmless Agreement before any shooting begins
- Pay $10 per guest fee, envelopes are with the Hold Harmless Agreements and the payment box is located under the Range Logs
- Family members under 18 and observers pay no fees
- Sign out of the Range Log when finished shooting noting quantity and type of rounds fired
The document linked below is the founding bylaws for the Sawgrass Sport Shooting Association. Some modifications have been made over the years since they were initially written in 1979. This is the most up-to-date version.